Fri, Jul 17|
In order for UUMAC to continue as an organization we MUST hold an annual meeting to discuss budget's and positions for next year. Register to attend and vote in this year's annual meeting. Please see the agenda available in the "About Your Event" section of the Event page.
Time & Location
Jul 17, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
About the event
Virtual Annual Meeting Guidelines and Agenda
Our by-laws require an Annual Meeting of members to conduct business and elect new members to the Board of Trustees and Nominating Committee. Since we will not be meeting in person, it is necessary to develop a strategy for conducting our business virtually. These guidelines were created with reliance on materials provided to congregations by the UUA for use in their Annual Meetings.
Membership: Membership is defined in our by-laws as those who attend UUMAC that year. For purposes of establishing membership for VUUMAC 2021, we propose that anyone that registers for VUUMAC and attends one or more events (not counting the Annual Meeting itself) shall be designated as a member. This is reflective of the current by-laws as written.
Timing: The VUUMAC Visioning Committee has established a one-hour time slot for the Annual Meeting as part of the VUUMAC schedule.
- Welcome, ground rules and Registration Report (Registrar/Event Coordinator): Overall enrollment in UUMAC broken down by age groupings; any info available on attendance at individual events.
- Finance Report (Treasurer): State of our finances and projections going forward to 2021; Request for donations
- Visioning Committee Co-Chairs’ Report: What went well; what we learned; staff appreciation/ recognition
- President’s Report: Brief reflection on 2020; goals/direction for 2021
- Nominating Committee Report and Vote (Nominating Committee Chair)
- Assistant Director’s Report: Announcement of Assistant Director for 2021, Theme, Theme Speaker and MOW; request to sign up for positions for 2021
Virtual Meeting and Voting: The Annual Meeting will be held on Zoom as other VUUMAC events. Members must register for the event. A link for registration on uumac.org can be found with links to other VUUMAC events.
During the meeting, members may post questions or brief comments in the Chat box. The Co-host of the meeting will monitor the Chat and ask questions posed at the end of each speaker’s report as appropriate and possible given timing.
The Nominations Committee Chair will post the proposed slates (Board and Nominating Committee) in the Chat box and it will also be in the Zoom poll. Voting for the Board and Nominating Committee will be done Zoom polling (aye, nay, abstain). The Poll can be set up ahead of the meeting. In cases where more than one household member is attending through the same link, the additional members will vote in the chat box (aye, nay, abstain) and these votes will be added to the tally. As per by-laws, a majority of those in attendance at the Annual Meeting is required for each vote to carry. The Nominations Committee Chair will tally and announce results.
The newly elected and continuing Board members will meet briefly after the meeting to welcome new members and set a first meeting date, remaining on the Zoom link.
AWC 6/1/20 (approved by board)